2016-05-24 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] dhcp lease pool after default install

Header Data

From: Christopher Gregory <me***e@pc-networking-services.com>
Message Hash: 72ed32473074c424e0ded91809ee7734c01c1215c017b7de8f17cdedf8a9a555
Message ID: <e752ca2db889a8df05bdf818b0fdee0c.squirrel@www.pc-networking-services.com>
Reply To: <CAESLx0LB7vTSfYK61=az5ajWZgGtHvr+4ABeyLZ=crjpVtNnrQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2016-05-24 07:06:59 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 02:06:59 +1200

Raw message

Hello Tim,

I had to change the ip range from the default due to the fact that it was
giving out ip addresses in the 10.0.0.x range right after it went live.

It was not my choice to use the 255.0.0.0 mask.  The tenda will only
accept that mask with the 10.x range. It gave the error that the subnet
could not be segmented or something along those lines.  I searched google
and found someone with the same issue and that was the manufacturers
advice.  When I first did the installation I had not changed the ip
address on the wireless router.  It was still set to 192.168.0.1.

I want to ditch that wireless router and get one that has gigabyte lan
ports.  Wireless access can get a little patchy as the main house is
totally concrete.

Regards,

Christopher.

Thread