2016-07-18 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] port forwarding problem

Header Data

From: Christopher Gregory <me***e@pc-networking-services.com>
Message Hash: b5d2d29c92ecfc7526111f3b8e8cb4240a7904b5fa1ea92d15ee43594ee5187b
Message ID: <091ef94734a3a672b009ca51f7459ed5.squirrel@www.pc-networking-services.com>
Reply To: <CAH9wN0p8eSduXDWiYDwJUVKTS3zZVMo_z-x1C_LQRE==1hTwTQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2016-07-18 18:28:49 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 13:28:49 +1200

Raw message

Hello,

This *may* not be the case for you, but a number of Internet Service
providers are using carrier grade nat.  Mostly this is for residential
customers so it may not be an issue.  With carrier grade nat port
forwarding will not work.

You have not specified if you have a static/fixed ip address from the
internet service provider.  An easy way to know if the isp is using
carrier grade nat is to look for an ip address in the 100.64.0.0/10 range
in your arp cache.

I have no idea if a hospital is classed as a business or not, so it could
either be business or residential internet access.

Regards,

Christopher.

On Mon, July 18, 2016 11:07 pm, nazanin behroozian wrote:
> Dear All :
>

> we have grase installed in a hospital. on the MRI site they have a
> computer and a MRI application which they need to access from outside.
> They have
> asked us to open ports 80,8041,104 so they can access the application via
> valid IP over the internet. we have the IP valid on our server and the MRI
> computer is in the grase network. I tried many ways to open these ports but
> no success. I used both iptables commands and a software called rinetd.
> Can you please tell me why we can
> not forward these ports ?
>
> Many Thanks

> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/CAH9wN
> 0p8eSduXDWiYDwJUVKTS3zZVMo_z-x1C_LQRE%3D%3D1hTwTQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Thread