2016-08-26 - Re: MAC address binding on first login

Header Data

From: Hotspotuser <jo***s@algardata.pt>
Message Hash: e5f297024dbb9a20e2caac32802509091a1eedf07996850aa4ad5c20059f6cfd
Message ID: <da1da077-592f-4a31-9e4c-95c38717e194@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <8e6df1a9-21f0-4393-a1d3-85d6b4acc6a6@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-08-26 02:41:15 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 02:41:15 -0700

Raw message

segunda-feira, 22 de Agosto de 2016 às 17:38:42 UTC+1, shirish bandarkar
escreveu:

> Hello Tim
>
> I have three queries...
>
> 1. Is it possible to bind user MAC address when he logs in with a voucher
> so as no other device should use that voucher again.
> This i never used, BUT you can limit the voucher to Simultaneos users = 1.
> best solution is to use point number 2 :)
>

> 2. how can we add free user with time and bandwidth limit, again for each
> MAC ID so he uses free time only once.
> Yes, MAC VOUCHERS with limit time/bandwidth. Problem is, once EXPIRED, can
> never be used again, device is blocked forever (or until you clean the
> expired vouchers), each voucher will be the mac address itself.
>

> 3. Importantly can we black list certain MAC IDs
> Yes, we keep a list of banned MACs, a cronjob to using chilli DROP them
> all ;)
>

> shirish

Thread