2016-11-29 - Re: how to enable watsup audio calls

Header Data

From: Luis Alberto Guzman Garcia <l.***g@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 2908d8dc663f0c09dd75c13befce76501b2cebdd9259a3a809708607bf9a14dc
Message ID: <9e1abd20-11a0-4d29-8a12-82c89c030077@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <5b042e87-9dc5-4f3f-83c8-444c329dc614@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-11-29 03:27:48 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 02:27:48 -0800

Raw message

El martes, 29 de noviembre de 2016, 2:04:06 (UTC-6), Gianluca Filippini
escribió:

> I can confirm: adding TCP/UDP ports to the config file and making sure the
> up.sh script opens UDP ports works.
>
> users can establish watsup audio calls now
>
> thanks

Then you added the ports on both  HS_TCP_PORTS and HS_UDP_PORTS files?

I would like to add it too.
Thanks

> On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 9:27:31 AM UTC+1, Gianluca Filippini wrote:
>>
>> nevermind: I found the chilli config file with te HS_TCP_PORTS define for
>> the up.sh script.
>>
>> So I did add my watsup ports and also modified the script to add
>> HS_UDP_PORTS.
>>
>> I see the ports to be opened in iptables .. I will test if this is enough
>> for watsup soon
>> :-)
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 8:47:15 AM UTC+1, Gianluca Filippini
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> I noticed on my grase box that the clients can send messages on watsup,
>>> they can also initiate a call but after the call starts there is no audio.
>>>
>>> I looked at the iptables list and I see that I would need to open few
>>> specific ports:
>>>
>>> TCP: 4244,5222,5223,5228,5242
>>> UDP: 3478,45395
>>>
>>> it seems to me that every time grase does a config reload I lose my custom ports,
>>> where should I put the iptables rules so that they are "persistent" to allow audio calls?
>>>
>>> thanks

Thread