2016-12-02 - Re: QR code login

Header Data

From: Hotspotuser <jo***s@algardata.pt>
Message Hash: 4b41e2570e8477f999f68a25812dbafe7934bfcfc8e1013dd8c64db91ca00a80
Message ID: <bb626d27-ce9b-4c9b-b585-853f9b2980b7@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <027DF0743282704CAFA3948002E23966020CB5B94B@HLVWDBACFEXC02.acfgroup.local>
UTC Datetime: 2016-12-02 11:42:33 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 10:42:33 -0800

Raw message

We did it... but we have a custom solution, you will need to edit PHP / TPL
files on your hotspot.

Here's what we made:

- create a two-way web url safe hash for username/password (ie:
AXH4mfmdf5454HRHFJK) we used Base32 if im not mistaken.

- append that to a custom url just for QRCode login, (ie:
http://10.1.0.1/grase/uam/res?notyet&qrc=AXH4mfmdf5454HRHFJK)

- alter hotspot.php (index.php) and add a switch for res = qrc

- "decrypt" the two-way hash into username var and password var

- in the login.tpl, populate the inputs with those vars if they are defined
if qrc was used

- add a javascript to autosubmit the form if qrc was used

And there you have it... custom QRCode login.

We went far and beyond, we have a qrcode for the freelogin and we have an
option to when printing an individual ticket (the backoffice decides
whether or not) to include a print version of that QRcode in each
individual ticket (of course diferent for each ticket)

quinta-feira, 1 de Dezembro de 2016 às 14:58:05 UTC, Paul van Oijen
escreveu:

> Hi All,
>

> Is it possible and did someone manage to get a QR code working for login
> to grace already?
>
> We use a daily guest user with automated changing password per day and via
> QR it would ease the login for them.
>

> Rgds Paul.
>

> http://www.abnamrocomfin.com/maildisclaimer

Thread