2017-01-15 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] accessing database and users problem

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 21ef2c06c825e39c31244a154d6589fb7c1e28962febd796a407c75d7a2b6d09
Message ID: <CAESLx0KdhbxbmvnwfGjxrHPcVgxa4CSYigWo-CpTuER_gDcfTA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAH9wN0or3Wo5ga_ppn6MD0skGSJa9Cv2vQkaxPogw9eB6PUUgg@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2017-01-15 04:15:00 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 21:15:00 +1000

Raw message

Are you using expiry dates on your batches? (The group that the batches are
created in). Normally, with batches you want expiry's so old users are
removed.

You can also force the cron runner to remove any user that has used up all
their time or data (for those with fixed time or data limits).
Browse to http://graseserveraddress/radmin/grase/cron?deleteoutoftimeusers
or http://graseserveraddress/radmin/grase/cron?deleteoutofdatausers to
trigger that.

You could also edit the CronFunctions.class.php file to change deletion of
expired users to delete as soon as expired, instead of waiting an extra
month.

I expect with 500 new users each day, yes you'll end up with a very slow
admin interface. If you could send me the latest backup
from /var/backups/grase/database/, I'd love to load the database with that
many users and try to work out how to optimise it. Just make sure you send
it to me off list.