2017-01-22 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Keep expired users

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 424cc801bbd124258bb361000f476065e15b987ad6f02b3fef7e2f65f0e020aa
Message ID: <CAESLx0+MOSPpLwN4JCHP6W2bWWqHk42r29aCHb-e30Ehsxi6MQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAASt=XR-HHRpoY03+SqE+vrGvoeAeqpfobKqNaV6Y=DJRwt1LQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2017-01-22 14:02:44 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 07:02:44 +1000

Raw message

What kind of record do you need? If it's just usernames and when they are
created, then that's stored in the Admin log currently.

If you actually need complete session logs, we currently sum up session
logs after a month and write a monthly summary into another table, removing
the session logs. Otherwise the session database table is too big to use
efficiently.
My best solution for complete session logs is the nightly backups. If you
ever need to look at a session log, find the nightly backup for the end of
that month, restore to another machine and extract the logs that way.
(You'd need to manually backup the squid logs).

Otherwise, yes, you could disable the deletion of users (
https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-www-portal/blob/master/files/usr/share/grase/www/radmin/cron.php#L51),
just be prepared for a much bigger database. (You'll need to disable that
function after every upgrade)