2017-02-23 - Re: issues with https login with facebook

Header Data

From: KIRA Ynet <ki***0@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 55afd463137654c4e2612ecd64c86b45892a4965d695c3ce9419488d5c8ceb52
Message ID: <7253aaf0-96be-43b0-a14e-441be21aebc6@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <a9ff796d-e043-4cbc-ab78-bebd1a367f5a@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2017-02-23 20:49:25 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 19:49:25 -0800

Raw message

If looking on your issue, it's possible that the user haven't been
authenticated yet. On mobile with latest OS such ase android 5+, usually
the moment you enter grase network, login page will popup. Although, if it
doesn't appear directly, either in smartphone or PC, just open web browser
and go for non secure site first. With that, grase uam is triggered and
will ask user to enter login information.

Hope this help you. :)

Regard,
Jerren

On Wednesday, 22 February 2017 15:22:15 UTC+8, Daniel Crusoe wrote:

> I have recently started having issues with my users not being able to log
> into facebook through the hotspot.
>
> it seems to be an issue with the htpps system. i know that grase does not
> filter these by default (and i am running a basically default 3.8.0 system
> here on ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS) i have run apt-get
> update/upgrade/dist-upgrade/autoremove (in that order) and rebooted the
> system a few times. nothing seems to fix the problem. (so far it only seems
> to be facebook that is having an issue).
>
> any help would be appreciated
>
> (i have not worked in a linux server environment for almost 12 years so i
> am treating it almost like a windows server)

Thread