2017-02-27 - Re: Lock login to mac-address

Header Data

From: Hotspotuser <jo***s@algardata.pt>
Message Hash: a451f6a6adc672756db16af8ea6070e7368876381fb6df837d58d2be9352deb7
Message ID: <137c0580-3669-4ab5-8d42-c7766a348307@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <CAASt=XRwPm71gWwyRUQM2Q_VQd2O8FBZOsKtgUPbJG8uSSF71w@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2017-02-27 04:47:30 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 03:47:30 -0800

Raw message

You can do it outside of GRASE.

Here's my first thoughts:

Use FREERADIUS policy to do what you want...

Freeradius authorizes or denies autentication to users, so it seems the
quickest way to do what you want :)

You have to change policy to check the username/password login request not
only but also cross that username with the radius.radacct table to check if
the mac address is the same of the 'first'/last session, if true authorize,
if not refuse.

For me the workflow is this one. Out of my head, implementation details
might change.