2018-01-05 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] NOT CASE SENSITIVE LOGIN CREDENTIALS

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 7157508be216a2a14229abe4d56120c4ac4ada7c4df8036272a28d9a75243bd1
Message ID: <CAESLx0LZHYaSHodcSvTj=X_OhcFUameMWu57pfEioA=ZL=2YpA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <79935f99-f48e-462e-9fe4-d5ff3abbb6c5@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2018-01-05 03:33:29 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 20:33:29 +1000

Raw message

Hi Gerard

Due to how CHAP auth works, you need to modify the databases to all be
stored in a consistent case (i.e. lower case), and then in the JS
ensure that you lowercase the password before doing CHAP auth on it.

By default, the generated passwords should be lower case, are you
having particular issues with the case sensitivity? Forcing things to
be case insensitive is technically reducing the security of the
system.

On 5 January 2018 at 19:42, Gerard Pacete <ge***1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, this is not really an issue. Its something i am trying to do but my
> capability on PHP, JS and CSS limits me.
>
> Can somebody lend a hand which file i should look into with if i want to
> make the login username and password(voucher) not case sensitive?
>
> We have about 3000 network users and most of our (other) systems on network
> are offering logins that are not case sensitive. I just want to implement
> the same at our gateway login.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Gerard

> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/79935f99-f48e-462e-9fe4-d5ff3abbb6c5%40grasehotspot.org.