2018-02-01 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: Grasehotspot on Ubuntu Server 15.10?

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 9de1ea0b354783afd91622c395c6cf8338abacf3878f06f42bcde04f26bedb8d
Message ID: <CAESLx0J3UJiq84s0KfY0WiBGKaS6JngOE=tnmc_uRzR7H2VKhg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <2a714a73-f220-4e1d-b4ed-f28c225a0dbf@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2018-02-01 20:37:32 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 13:37:32 +1000

Raw message

Last supported version is currently 14.04. 16.04 upgraded php
libraries, which I need to make major changes for. There is a branch
where I'm working on all of that, but have limited time to work on it.
I expect it'll be 18.04 by the time the work is completed, so I'll
most likely skip full 16.04 support (it'll be supported, to assist
upgrading to 18.04 probably).

There is a bit of discussion at
https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-www-portal/issues/168 about
setting up Patreon and other ways of supporting me, so I can spend
more time working on this. I had hoped to make the changes last year,
but progress has been slow due to work and family commitments.

On 2 February 2018 at 12:59, Charles Chambers <cc***2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any progress on getting it to work on Ubuntu 16.04.3?  I tried and gave up.
>
> If not, I'm assuming the last confirmed supported version was on Ubuntu
> 14.04?
>
> On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 2:52:07 AM UTC-7, timwhite88 wrote:
>>
>> At this stage, I've not testing the Hotspot with Ubuntu 15.10. I only
>> support LTS versions, so will be testing it on 16.04 once it's released.
>> Some people have had luck with other versions, I believe 15.04 some have
>> got it running.
>>
>> Tim

> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/2a714a73-f220-4e1d-b4ed-f28c225a0dbf%40grasehotspot.org.

Thread