2018-05-09 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] About radpostauth table’s pass field

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 7cf35d6adf5114bba7570c2afd8fc8edffca1d5a9a9e4981d4d02c7eed735331
Message ID: <CAESLx0Jv4Ntaj0zOR+2hkoz6m3BLue=qnhPN3+d9z6Vkn9fr-g@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <aa9f1685-f94d-468d-b769-1f2fef2e2577@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2018-05-09 13:44:53 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 20:44:53 +0000

Raw message

Hi Postaemre

Because we do CHAP authentication, the plaintext password the user types in
is never sent to the server. A CHAP challenge and response is, which isn't
reversible to see what the client typed in. Unfortunately for your use
case, you can never get the plaintext password that the user typed in.