2019-08-01 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Update

Header Data

From: emre erdoğan <po***e@gmail.com>
Message Hash: a71e96ea579061ad494c75c76b1c70c82b29d6680594cd1a0da2635e84d3d744
Message ID: <CADDedMGHu6uESJ+08LC3b7x8_Wb6SP9b8G9d91Ct=Xxw557_MA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <bdb2d605-944a-9016-d86f-0a9dec807231@gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2019-08-01 07:29:54 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 17:29:54 +0300

Raw message

Please do not misunderstand me. It is your natural right to ask for the new
update.
But there's one thing I don't understand. If such a system is running well,
if there is no problem, should there be an continuous update to that system?
Please do not consider this system as a normal server or desktop operating
system. It's a closed-loop system. Users do not have the right to make many
changes to the system. They cannot upload files. No FTP accounts. No
database users, no one makes query. A closed main system for users.

We are not claiming that we have a full-featured firewall. We don't have
security systems like PFsense that require constant updates.
Using Grase, we only provide simple and easy internet access.

I think of my modem. It didn't receive a firmware update for years, but
it's still working.

Would it be too wrong to look at it in this way?

Charles Chambers <cc***2@gmail.com>, 1 Ağu 2019 Per, 16:49 tarihinde şunu