2019-08-01 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Dockerise Grasehotspot

Header Data

From: Tim <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: ff60cb7f920007c5985420b0f6a93ee7cc26f7a0c11c0bb18ff9a68a65d654d7
Message ID: <CAESLx0KWt1MX6XE_74yf0x-cARGsGKxZuLAm6ZO7uFYcPmNWdg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <30f588c3-8af9-4fed-b21e-60b6978093a4@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2019-08-01 23:26:26 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 16:26:26 +1000

Raw message

Hi Sunny

There is already a docker container (
https://github.com/GraseHotspot/Demo-Docker) that is used for the demo
site. Unfortunately though this can't be used in production, due to how
Coova Chilli operates on the network. It needs Layer 2 network access.
There is a Layer 3 mode of Coova Chilli which may work in a container, but
this is more complicated to setup on the host computer anyway requiring
understanding of network routing.

Thanks for the offer though.