2020-06-13 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] I want to download and install grase on my pc . Is it possible for me?

Header Data

From: Drazen Zuvela -gmail <dr***a@gmail.com>
Message Hash: f3daaab378849762d566bb578880da330e3b200fc3006649d90184229be3ba56
Message ID: <1c1a354c-39aa-14e7-4d73-bc5d3ac60259@gmail.com>
Reply To: <55b3c1df-6d20-48f4-97ce-998f5cd7df41o@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2020-06-13 10:05:20 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 19:05:20 +0200

Raw message

Hello ZOMBLEWOU� (and all others who are interested in this topic)

I wrote here in the past several times. I can't imagine scenario in
which one wish to install Grase on different OS, or as dual boot
machine.. or.....can't remember what else great questions popup here.

GRASE is router! It is very special part of network with very special
tasks. It is out of sense run it on desktop, other server, or as dual
boot. Even you need to try it for awhile, rather use spare disk, replace
it on your notebook, and don't mess with dual boot for one time.
Best option use old notebook, old PC, and try Grase there. Such
installation may serve you later for real.

Don't forget you need second network card. It is easy to add one at the
old PC assuming one is already there and working. For Notebook you will
need usb-to-ethernet adapter to get second network card. Some of which
used to be tricky , but majority I used worked with Ubuntu from box.

Here is mine example , bit outdated, but still working.:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fzwc3qYoQnDscWqM6

And another advice, Ubuntu!
Grase is build on Ubuntu primary. So don't ask for debian, or any other
linux. They are all same, One just having trouble installing Grase on
other distro with bothering Tom here for help.
Again Grase is router. Advanced one. Same as your home telecom router,
Same as DD-WRT, Open-WRT, pfsense, Microtik, Cisco and many others.
It is headless black box in your network. You are accessing by web or by
shell remotely. Don't mess with unusual installation which has no
sense.� Prepare hardware, put Ubuntu , pull Grase and you are good.

Hope this helps

On 6/9/20 8:22 AM, ZOMBLEWOU Yawo-Kouma wrote:
> Please I just join the group. Thanks for what you people are doing here.
> Is it possible to install grase on a laptop which OS is window 7?

> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/55b3c1df-6d20-48f4-97ce-998f5cd7df41o%40grasehotspot.org
> <https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/55b3c1df-6d20-48f4-97ce-998f5cd7df41o%40grasehotspot.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Thread