2020-08-26 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Installation Guide question

Header Data

From: Tim <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 02d049a968ca8524c674607f5af60b8362376ac4d340510d47e28d76cf1e05bb
Message ID: <CAESLx0JV8J5PU=q4-y=zyzbC3tF4meswNoyyWH29HuND+wu5eQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <4e99a97d-2b2d-44fe-b58d-c8ba526a97den@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2020-08-26 06:12:29 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 21:12:29 +0800

Raw message

Hi Karotu

https://grasehotspot.org/documentation/v4-nightly-builds/ is correct for
the V4 build. I don't believe the wiki page is wrong for the "latest
stable", just that the latest stable is now very old.

If you're in a situation that you can start testing the V4 builds (really,
do a test install first in case some of the features you depend on aren't
present in the V4), then I'd recommend the V4. It can be installed on an
Ubuntu 18.04 server.

Otherwise, the current "stable" version needs to be installed on Ubuntu
14.04, which I really wouldn't recommend. Instructions for that are still
at https://grasehotspot.org/documentation/installation/

I am constantly progressing the V4 builds towards a release, however
without people testing them, it's a bit hard for me to make a proper
release given that there is so much I can't test.