2020-08-26 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Grase V4 First Run Wizard

Header Data

From: Tim <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 243cd9fe03ec1079906dd8a9fd5d9a5e2facdd1a72928b97ca0159659aa1a0ab
Message ID: <CAESLx0Kw5cyhJ6Q6jUNTAvvywbbGgxzP6-E=BsqwWuneY1p0Wg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <trinity-d403ea1c-b8b2-4f00-a706-75d5087e7da4-1596528779881@3c-app-mailcom-lxa12>
UTC Datetime: 2020-08-26 06:25:16 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 21:25:16 +0800

Raw message

Hi Christopher

Sorry for the delay.

I've not written the interface for adding Mac devices yet. However, they
are actually normal accounts with a few special features. First, the
username is the Mac address (all caps, separated by -, e.g.
AA-10-BB-A8-CC-D2). The password is stored in the radreply table, there
should be a row similar to:
CoovaChilli, ChilliSpot-Config, +=, macpasswd=password
This will give you the mac password that you can use for your mac accounts.
I know that's not a convenient way to manage mac accounts, but it's
passable once you have that password. (And if you're taking the existing
database from V3 and upgrading it, then all the existing mac accounts will
be there, and you can just view them to get the password).

There have been major upgrades to Freeradius, hopefully that's what you're
looking for.

The many things missing in V4 atm are a nice interface for computer
accounts, bulk users, admin user management, reports. The basics of
adding/creating/modifying users/groups all work, and for /most/ settings
you can use the advanced settings page to change anything (other than
CoovaChilli database settings).

I hope that gives you some idea of the current state of things.