2020-08-26 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Information about version 3

Header Data

From: Tim <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 888ba3bfa73497f05cc6cc1f4661bd763340a3042d986396de3708f18b00771a
Message ID: <CAESLx0KdjKDJ15vL3-H+AT6Qg1LNd=DFyWsTkCWgvaxg9ZVXTA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <f12e2180-4cfe-41b2-ab78-3dac2262789do@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2020-08-26 06:37:15 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 21:37:15 +0800

Raw message

Hi Jeanclaude

I don't have any formal cut off date for V3. I'm not focusing any effort on
maintaining V3, or the repo, which is why some people have had apt key
issues with it. Ideally, when V4 is properly released, I'd set a date to
remove the V3 repo so I'm not maintaining an old, poorly structured apt
repo. The V4 repo should correctly support multiple distributions and
versions of packages, so ideally I'd make it the 1 and only repo.

The old repo's are in git repos at
https://gitlab.com/grase/old-apt-nightly-repo and
https://gitlab.com/grase/old-apt-repo, so in theory anyone who want's to
install V3 packages could always manually download the deb packages if
required.

I don't recommend using the V3 system as soon as the V4 system is stable,
in particular because you'll be on Ubuntu 14.04 still, which is now 6 years
old.

I hope that answers your question.