2021-08-26 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Offer to host grase hotspot

Header Data

From: Tim <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 7c474a2ef1cb4fb9f9028dc983adf271e511be1516c647a0e8d2af3b5a3cf63f
Message ID: <CAESLx0KCn7-45ejGe1Fh0R3MceGUR=CxNF2djwB1c6gjU-J0_Q@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAEO1vku8qCyxzEZnKXtMx6-_6ZPx4KBMB_G8qMO+AyB-QG0OvQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2021-08-26 06:40:38 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 21:40:38 +0800

Raw message

Hi Gert

All the code (and packages) are on github. As was posted a few months back (
https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/g/grase-hotspot/c/QOaPnxI6bWs)
development has currently been put on hold.

You have already discovered that the stable version (3.8) only runs on
older Ubuntu versions. V4 was released as a beta release last year, and
runs on at least 18.04, and probably 20.04. Have a look at
https://grasehotspot.org/documentation/v4-nightly-builds for how to get
started with the V4 beta builds.

I have no intention of shutting down the apt repo's, or letting the domain
expire (the risk for a squatter to get the domain and to try and do
something malicious is too high). If I have the time in the future then
I'll keep working on V4, and updating it for Ubuntu 20.04 and future LTS
versions.