2023-07-14 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] packages.grasehotspot.org not reachable

Header Data

From: Manish Sethi <se***3@gmail.com>
Message Hash: dfd1408cd5b70fdcc0b5e5118a3f642cad2d04a784e279bac3d5c89f32e09f09
Message ID: <79f2918f-369a-447d-8400-c47b56d94559n@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <DFD6F495-C9E2-4896-9C4B-3A5012BD45F7@gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2023-07-14 03:23:22 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 03:23:22 -0700

Raw message

Hi Tim

Thanks. Link seems to be working now.

But somehow the installation is not possible on Ubuntu 12.04. Have been
trying from last few days but no luck.
Had been using Grase-Hotspot from last few years and had installed 2-3
number of times, but now installation is getting stuck.
It gets into number of errors. Will be glad if you can provide your inputs

1. dpkg gets into error.
sudo dpkg -i grase-repo_1.8_all.deb

dpkg-deb: error: archive 'grase-repo_1.8_all.deb' contains not understood
data member control.tar.xz, giving up
dpkg: error processing grase-repo_1.8_all.deb (--install):
subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
 grase-repo_1.8_all.deb

2. Tried alternate solution for above error which is in 2 steps

echo deb http://packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite main | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/grasehotspot.list
This works

sudo wget
https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-repo/tree/master/key/grase.hotspot.2020.gpg
-O /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/grase.hotspot.2020.gpg
Not working. giving following error

--2023-07-13 17:34:58--
 https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-repo/tree/master/key/grase.hotspot.2020.gpg
Resolving github.com (github.com)... 20.207.73.82
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|20.207.73.82|:443... connected.
OpenSSL: error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert
protocol version
Unable to establish SSL connection.

3. Tried some alternate solution, some risky ones as below but cant move
ahead.
sudo apt-get update --allow-unauthenticated

manish@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install grase-www-portal
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 grase-www-portal : Depends: grase-conf-freeradius (>= 1.9.4) but it is not
going to be installed
                    Depends: php5 but it is not installable
                    Depends: php-mdb2-driver-mysql but it is not installable
                    Depends: php-mdb2 but it is not installable
                    Depends: php-auth but it is not installable
                    Depends: php5-intl but it is not installable
                    Depends: php-gettext but it is not installable
                    Depends: javascript-common but it is not installable
                    Depends: dbconfig-common but it is not installable

Using same 12.04 CD which gave me a good install 3 years back. Tried with
fresh 12.04 download on a VM and also on a standalone pc but still cant get
pass these errors.

Is there a VM image which i can directly use?

Many thanks for your work. Will be great if you can provide your inputs.

Thanks and Regards
Manish
India

On Tuesday, July 11, 2023 at 12:36:10 AM UTC+5:30 Tim White wrote:

> Hi Manish
>
> That link works for me here in Australia.
>
> What error are you getting? DNS? Timeout?

> On 10 July 2023 11:56:06 pm AEST, Manish Sethi <se***.@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Thanks for your great work. Can you please check as the below link is not
>> reachable.
>> Tried the alternate solution of getting from github but due to some
>> reasons git is not getting install on ubuntu 12.4.
>>

>> http://packages.grasehotspot.org/pool/main/g/grase-repo/
>>

>> Thanks and Regards
>> Manish
>> India