2023-10-27 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: Remove TUN0 interface with installation

Header Data

From: Tim <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: a2e10a174b4aa4d00ea3b09174fb2518b9aeb6ad9269f9f98dbfabef09976efc
Message ID: <CAESLx0J8BTV8VbTWPGBqTC74q+1CyebPVpLn0HXwvGfvTm+gbw@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <708a06b6-2890-4173-91c6-d6a4123e8e06n@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2023-10-27 00:15:15 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 15:15:15 +0800

Raw message

tun0 isn't the OpenVPN interface. The way Coova Chilli works (which is the
component that handles the captive portal), is it sets up tun0 with the LAN
interface on it, and the actual LAN interface is handled by the Coova
Chilli software. If it allows the packets to flow, then they come via tun0
and through to your WAN.

Make sure you use the web interface to set your LAN and WAN interfaces,
click save even if they are correct, and reboot.