2011-07-11 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] bandwidth pipe per host (rate/min)

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 50da9df2e4b810ef514e039adbe72515c23fe8ec76974be798992ca9adf70037
Message ID: <CAESLx0Kh0k05OoeQ30NfZYcK5totzpQiwUN_RGsWGB5tXTFHNg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAKwKjhK-YxoiD-2SGRC5h9+ZQa2ORrMYUUGcsPNWdQpaG1Ovwg@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2011-07-11 01:13:50 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:13:50 +1000

Raw message

This is currently possible however it's not exposed in the interface.
I'm in the process of coding the interface for it.

I believe it requires the values in kilobits/s however what other
units of measurement do people understand? I know for myself that
kilobits isn't easy to understand, so was thinking of using
Megabytes/second or Megabytes per minute.

What do people think? Also, it'll be a dropdown list of speed values,
what values would people like? I know that here where internet is
between 1.5Mbit/s and 24Mbit/s for a normal ADSL connection, limiting
people to say 256Kbit/s and 1Mbit are some values I'd use. However I
don't know what people overseas may want.

Tim