2011-08-05 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] 3.4 Testing Build (Was Re: Simultaneous Login & Bandwidth Limits)

Header Data

From: Muhammad Zubair Riaz <sa***r@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 2cb466dab07cfff66fd9b183d086670734a8d106a48d0f1c42b7fc5b7e73d424
Message ID: <4E3BD45A.5010104@gmail.com>
Reply To: <4E3B5FDC.4010803@gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2011-08-05 04:30:34 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 14:30:34 +0300

Raw message

Hi, and Peace
About testing bandwidth controller, I downloaded iso of linux with
torrent. 1st I put the bandwidth limit 1Mb/ sec and then created user
and connect that user to hotspot, and started 3 download simultaneously,
of different ISO with torrent, Total download speed was not exceeding 1
Mb/sec, while i have 8Mbit download line,
I did not get enough time to test upload also,

About selecting bandwidth limits as check box or a drop down menu, So
both are easy to use, but here you are very write that some people can
not differentiate between MB/sec or Mbits/sec etc, so i think in that
case drop down menu will be more easier for such people,

Nokia, Yes that phones support Java-script, and really that will be
great if the grase can detect the Mobile phones,

Note : I have a website http://amazai.net if you want to put some data
or may be you need some webspace for working with grase-hotspot, so I
can give you login / Passwords if you need, Also i can create something
like http or ftp grase-hotspot.amazai.net,

Thanks

*					     *
*		Best Regards		     *
*	    Muhammad Zubair Riaz	     *