2011-08-11 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Why not create a forum ?

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: fb0cedb475aea5dff892d51af1dc65a2a5b57e60dbf13671b1a58c4a55657dd5
Message ID: <4E448A6B.2030107@gmail.com>
Reply To: <CA+aJHHqrUWcroMT4VpvWifp77=h5pLAvHHfNBkEJw5LHBkO9_Q@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2011-08-11 19:05:31 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:05:31 +1000

Raw message

I will look at doing this in the future.

My main reason for having a mailing list instead of a forum is that I
can easily access it no matter where in the world I am, without much
trouble.
Ideally all bug and feature requests will end up in the tracker at
http://trac.grasehotspot.org/ as we can then assign milestones to them,
keep duplicate requests down, and it's easy to monitor a bug or feature
you are interested in to see when it gets fixed or what the status is.

I'd love to see users talking to each other via the mailing list. I
guess for me, I've grown up with mailing lists and find them much easier
and less cluttered that forums (and I hate navigating forums). I'll look
at maybe a forum that is integrated with the mailing list so we can have
the best of both worlds!

Tim