2011-12-02 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Users get disconnected all the time

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: cc612c5ffa4df1a9aefc2070a2304840c274bfeff0c165a5bb5e98f7bfbfa912
Message ID: <CAESLx0KoSStVRuAXsYWrn_ODRP5BGYSn8eh0Ji2A2VTRA_kG4g@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CA+wWQF-vcxLEbDqSzy6MkQeX2d-d_ofdmnQsDcL4oNToQMYZEA@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2011-12-02 04:18:10 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 21:18:10 +1000

Raw message

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Tomas213 <to***3@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
> I have set my access points, servers seems to work correct, but my users get
> disconnected all the time and the say that downloading
> is too slow.
> I have set my access points to work in the same channels. Is that a problem
> or should i have different channel for each and every one?

That is almost certainly your problem. Test it with a wired connection
to verify that it's not a problem with your servers hardware. Wireless
networks in close proximity to each other need to be on different
channels, and not just different, but channels that don't overlap.
i.e. channel 1 and 2 is not a good choice, because they overlap and
will interfer. In most countries, channels 1, 6 and 11 are good
choices. If the SSID is the same on all APs then your users will be
able to roam seamlessly.