2012-01-15 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] tun1

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: a49b1f5e73c93cf9e4903eb6143fd2c91cb8ba8be9c1b61b0506d41f1a18b01d
Message ID: <4F133DAA.7030508@gmail.com>
Reply To: <4F12CA74.8070306@gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-01-15 13:57:14 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 06:57:14 +1000

Raw message

On 15/01/12 22:45, OlotWireless wrote:

> Hi Tim:
>
> Yesterday (14), after the last upgrade of grase-dnsmasq, appers over
> my network a new interface "tun1" with IP 10.64.63.24.. that is correct?

Hi Pere,
That tunnel should have been there for some time now (realistically
since you installed everything). It's provided by the grase-conf-openvpn
package and provides a VPN back to grasehotspot.net. This VPN can be
used for remote support requests.
You are welcome to disable it, but it allows me to provide you with
basic remote support if you have a problem, and also assist with
statistics [1] to how many installs are active. I released an update to
grase-dnsmasq and grase-conf-openvpn recently, the vpn update was to
update the key names for 2012 so that machines that aren't doing updates
can drop off the list of active installs.

Tim

[1] Suggestions welcome for other statistic gathering methods

Thread