2012-04-22 - [GRASE-Hotspot] Fw: squid DNS timeout

Header Data

From: Aan <pa***s@yahoo.com>
Message Hash: f5a59b722b6e3ea79d26173bd02bcbbd77a57465c26d10391d2bea78ed98597b
Message ID: <1335154229.54915.YahooMailNeo@web161605.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
Reply To: <1334807809.33861.YahooMailNeo@web161603.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-04-22 21:10:29 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 21:10:29 -0700

Raw message

Thanks for the response.

i'm using squid3
how to check if i have issue with UDP packet?
thing i know is:
1. download or chat --> ok, there is no problem at all.
2. browsing --> sometimes give error "DNS timeout" with squid logo.

the thing i have tried:
1. disable dnsmasq and baypassing it --> didn't work
2. reinstall my ubuntu and fresh install grase --> it work for a week now with rarely error.

but like to try how to disable the use of squid, just in case the problem still occur in a near future.
Thanks