2012-06-30 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Weird Bug I really Need Help

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: bb5ba5ab950c784e10036efc66dbd41eec321cb1ee9823f66efee1a195752af1
Message ID: <CAESLx0+doDVHKuLb+k_a9Z6g1cZO_xmLsS1Vku=X4V125ZP9Cw@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <00a901cd5656$8d09d360$a71d7a20$@ca>
UTC Datetime: 2012-06-30 00:40:12 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 17:40:12 +1000

Raw message

Just checking, did you restart the hotspot between changes? (at least
with /etc/init.d/chilli restart)??
Best to reboot between changes.

1. Seems to suggest that it's not an upstream DNS issue but maybe dnsmasq

2. Check you didn't comment out the lines under #MASQUERADE, maybe
send me your ipup.sh file so I can check

Also, try changing the DNS server that squid uses. Search for
dns_nameservers 127.0.0.1 in /etc/squid3/squid.conf.grase  and change
to 8.8.8.8 to test. Remember to restart squid after making that
change.

Tim