2012-06-29 - [GRASE-Hotspot] Weird Bug I really Need Help

Header Data

From: “ABC Informatique (Dave)” <ab***c@abcinformatique.ca>
Message Hash: f170022c432a045377ebd5eba95ab3cfa9bbe851f22c00f3bd608dc63eccb662
Message ID: <00a901cd5656$8d09d360$a71d7a20$@ca>
Reply To: N/A
UTC Datetime: 2012-06-29 17:23:19 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 20:23:19 -0400

Raw message

1.       Tried to change DNS to 8.8.8.8 in admin interface but same result :
no access to google and facebook webpage (page stay white and finish to
timeout)

2.       Tried to desactivate transparent proxy : result no more access to
hotspot

3.       Tried to change line in config file but same result as 1.

Does it can be a setting in admin page that do that ?

Dave

 <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=29477475> Re:
[GRASE-Hotspot] Weird Bug I really Need Help

From: Timothy White <timwhite88@gm...> - 2012-06-29 23:13

Try eliminating components.

Change DNS (in admin interface) to something like 8.8.8.8 (googles).

Deactivate transparent squid proxy (Comment out following lines in
/etc/chilli/ipup.sh
    ipt -I PREROUTING -t mangle -p tcp -s $NET/$MASK -d $ADDR --dport
3128 -j DROP
    ipt -I PREROUTING -t nat -i $TUNTAP -p tcp -s $NET/$MASK -d !
$ADDR --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to 3128

If it still doesn't work, tell the clients to use a different DNS
server (so we bypass dnsmasq) by changing the following lines in
/etc/chilli/config (comment out the ones with UAMLISTEN in them,
uncomment the other DNS lines and set DNS server there)

# OpenDNS Servers
#HS_DNS1=208.67.222.222
#HS_DNS2=208.67.220.220
HS_DNS2=$HS_UAMLISTEN
HS_DNS1=$HS_UAMLISTEN

Let us know which component is causing the problem.

Tim

<http://www.google.com/> http://www.google.com and
>  <http://www.facebook.com/> http://www.facebook.com.  I reboot everything
i verify everything all seem to be
> ok.
>
> If i plug directly into router everything is working if i plug back in
> system nothing work.  I tried different DNS servers and nothing change.
If
i tryied to access  <http://ip/> http://IP  of