2012-07-05 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Weird Bug I really Need Help

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: ede4fd58e108cdcb2ebd9fa0b0c0362681ef05ab4aa296321ee76ac56c4df5ba
Message ID: <CAESLx0+R8Pax24+wFfWwsWyr27Qnz=Og2jGinRPHzjjmKsrEXA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <007d01cd5aab$cb33a7c0$619af740$@ca>
UTC Datetime: 2012-07-05 17:44:24 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 10:44:24 +1000

Raw message

Hi Dave.

I'm really not sure what more we can do.

> ·         Like i said before if i plug a laptop directly to eth0 bypassing
> the antenna system its working. But if i plug antenna system in router
> directly its working too.

Based on this, the problem is somehow related to the wireless bridge.
It seems really odd that it just affects 2 sites, 2 popular sites. I'm
all out of ideas from here. If I could actually play with the system,
I'd probably find something small that I wouldn't even think of.

Try disabling squid with instructions from previous email. It should
work, I've tested it here. With squid disabled, check with the laptop
into eth0 that it works. Then put the wireless bridge back in, and
test again.

I also think it's worth trying the laptop at the end of the wireless
bridge, without the bullet access point. (So laptop on cable at the
end of the wifi bridge).

If only I could reproduce it here, I can try and work out what the
problem is. As said, I think it's a problem with the layer2, that for
some reason the packets aren't travelling over the wifi bridge
properly, and are somehow being interupted (ether going to the
hotspot, or back). Maybe the squid logs would help show which
direction. (If you put the old system online, I need to know which
session id to look at, to see the logs associated with a connection
where google and facebook didn't work)

Tim