2012-07-27 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] “restart” every 5 minutes is fixed in 3.7.6

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: ffd75d2c191ea0a2f823090968a6feca4d7847af369a514adcad67c48f75eefa
Message ID: <CAESLx0+NZ+ZsGLSe_OxX9GGfxn2EDrEnvsrKmdz6+udWYcqxAw@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAFaSQoduN7WW-f0-E=iiKD_MYVLRYWOhOrG0g00GZEe2eDHtCA@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-07-27 18:45:35 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 11:45:35 +1000

Raw message

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Beebee Gate <ma***e@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good to know that you get it fixed so quickly because I've been wondering
> why there isn't any complaint about it in the mailinglist. Maybe the next
> improvement would be to make GRASE installs nicely with Precise desktop,
> seems like quite a few people do that. Thank you.

Lol. There were "lots" of complaints, I just silenced them a few weeks
ago. People have actually been really understanding, as I didn't have
a development machine for 3-4 months.

The next step is to make sure it installs nicely with Ubuntu 12.04,
and Debian 6, as they'll become our supported platforms soon. It's not
recommended to install it on a Desktop version of Ubuntu, due to how
Network Manager works. It is after all a "server" product, and so best
installed in a way that a user (who under Ubuntu Desktop can change
network settings easily) can't easily break the internet for everyone.

The best way to install it with Network Manager, is to setup
/etc/network/interfaces in a way so that Network manager ignores those
interfaces. Or disable Network Manager. I will look in the future to
see if I can automate more of that.

Have you tried installing it with the Desktop version?