2012-09-17 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Weird network problem

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 9a25b7bcb3605db840ad0ed61471fb66d45f7eabcd2c58048e75142743201470
Message ID: <CAESLx0LkB3X1aHa4nn+0Wc85kS+Qa68s+yJRriAo4M5VuQ5vcA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <201209172155.32084.solbu@solbu.net>
UTC Datetime: 2012-09-17 13:31:38 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 06:31:38 +1000

Raw message

Sounds like 2 possible issues. The first is network manager took control of
the cards. You need network manager disabled and only the wan interface in
/etc/network/interfaces and have the LAN interface unconfigured. You then
need to go into GRASE network settings and check the wan and LAN nics match
with what you expect. Make sure you hit save even if they match and then
reboot.
The other thing to watch for when replacing nics is the naming to change.
Eth0 becoming eth1 for example. Sometimes you need to check the udev config
and check the Mac against the names.

Tim