2012-09-19 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Reset user’s “Data Usage” back to zero?

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: f4ddf4f24f78a13c42babc124238c5e315ae4865e6715b0ba695788cdcff8d01
Message ID: <CAESLx0LSBLdV0EaztoE8O_4FX5bxugdTkBqmugWsHsUioJcDCQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAA-jMMSEiAoH43vazop2D7jYYnNo_RBtkw2Z=611qQVuBy3a=g@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-09-19 04:57:48 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 21:57:48 +1000

Raw message

> Can you please let me know if you think this will break anything and
> will you consider including something like this in Grase as I've
> already found it very useful ?

As you've already stated, it breaks the data usage tracking. I can see
how the 4Gb limit is making it difficult, so this really is a hack
until that is fixed.

The only other hack I can see that would be better, is to "archive"
usage earlier than we currently do. Currently we archive at the end of
the month, for the previous months (so it can be up to 2 months before
it gets archived). This allows you to see all the sessions for this
current month, and also see the previous months sessions.
I think the best solution might be (until the 4Gb issue is fixed) to
have an "archive users usage" button for a user, that archives all
that users sessions immediately, which will allow you to add more data
(as archived users have their data limit reduced to reflect what has
been archived).

I'll hopefully be able to work around the 4Gb limit shortly, I think
I'm going to have a custom module in freeradius to do the work for me.