2013-02-07 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Monit Service

Header Data

From: Johnny Solbu <so***u@solbu.net>
Message Hash: 0f23853dfc842eb55fc684361d57996bc92ed618beca2012733a494ffda75e12
Message ID: <201302080146.17345.solbu@solbu.net>
Reply To: <51136A0A.5020705@gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2013-02-07 17:46:07 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 01:46:07 +0100

Raw message

On Thursday 7. February 2013 09.47, Tim White wrote:
> so hadn't thought of forcing an uninstall on something
> that didn't appear to be a big problem.

There's also the option to change the package to just disable the sending of emails. Then you don't have to remove it.
You could also change the recepient in the affected files if they still have your address as recepient to, say, root on the local machine.
Then the package still works for those who find it usefull, and if they activate the sending for some reason, you won't start getting them again.

I agree that forcibly uninstalling packages on end users systems is a last resort.
We have a debate on this topic at random intervals a few times on the Mageia development list, each time someone list something on "task-obsolete" and other developers find something particular usefull, even if it's old and abandoned upstream. :-)=

--
Johnny A. Solbu
web site, http://www.solbu.net

Thread