2013-03-15 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Problems with getting grase to run - hardware issue?

Header Data

From: Psteve <ps***k@yahoo.com>
Message Hash: 145dac2f797586fd283eaa2d78287fa2903eab3dd398e6825a8f3b211317b35c
Message ID: <1363372119.53712.YahooMailNeo@web140601.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
Reply To: <CAH_znr+Y0QOxPFLp=RN2=gxyYV2hdWV3A6fwOqePYT03tPgZLw@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2013-03-15 11:28:39 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:28:39 -0700

Raw message

Hi Benjamin

I'm not very experienced either but having very recently set up two of these servers, I can tell you how my setup ran.

I'm using 11.04.  During the install, I told Ubuntu to use Eth0 as it's primary network card.  (On my first install I chose eth1 as primary but regretted that and ended up wiping clean and starting again)

Once the install was complete, /etc/network/interfaces contains reference ONLY to eth0 (auto eth0 and iface eth0 inet dhcp).  I can't remember what the result of an ifconfig was.

After the installation is complete, an ifconfig should list eth0 complete with IP address (issued by your DSL router), eth1 but with no ip address, lo with an address 127.0.0.1 and tun0 with an ip address of 10.1.0.1.

I have found a little trouble starting the server up if eth0 isn't connected pre bootup.

If you're able to get onto the management page, it's worth checking which interface is responsible for which role.

Hope that's of some assistance!
Steve