2013-04-13 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] GraseHotspot installation (Works to use ip-adress but not domains)

Header Data

From: Johnny Solbu <so***u@solbu.net>
Message Hash: f2499cc1963bf152b08cb58e5c053a0adc36f5f5322ff2798de781cb5fb26de6
Message ID: <201304140007.44923.solbu@solbu.net>
Reply To: <5168E2E7.8000003@gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2013-04-13 15:07:40 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 00:07:40 +0200

Raw message

On Saturday 13. April 2013 06.45, Tim White wrote:
> Any luck yet?

We ended up installing Ubuntu Server the third time, and now it works for some weird reason, and we did exactly the same as the other two failed attempts.

> First thing would be to go into the settings pages, make sure the
> WAN/LAN settings are correct, and hit save again. Also check the DNS
> settings are correct.

They where.
By the way, why is a Save needed when the info is correct?

> It may be that Squid has failed for some reason, so can you check that
> ping works, and that accessing a website via it's ip address (try for
> example 'curl 66.228.55.48' which should give you a message about Nginx)
> works.

That's what pussled us. Ping, traceroute and all that worked. Surfing a website by it's IP address worked. just not dns resolving, which worked on the server itself.

Oh well, it works now. :-)=

--
Johnny A. Solbu
web site, http://www.solbu.net