2014-04-11 - Re: WAN IP change

Header Data

From: al***e@gmail.com
Message Hash: ff289830e5c3b8c01355d403d6d7b87042138d8de340fa3fb7fc657eaedd47c0
Message ID: <5ce419f4-3648-4b7c-80ef-1b20873d6b6b@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <6081525b-ae69-4624-bab3-ed5d13c49dae@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-04-11 09:15:42 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 09:15:42 -0700

Raw message

So turns out my issue wasn't with Grase, I checked my router and the issue
was with a subnet mask wrongly configured before my time!

After I fixed it, I changed the IP on the WAN interface (eth1) under
/etc/network/interfaces/ , rebooted the network services
(/etc/init.d/networking restart) and it worked straight away (I was able to
ping both GW and the Internet).

So I am terribly sorry for the wrong posting!

On Friday, April 11, 2014 6:08:34 AM UTC-7, ca***.@gmail.com wrote:

> I am having the same issue.  My problem is that it is not practical for me
> to build the server at the site since it is technically a small trailer
> offsite.  So I need to be able to change the WAN IP to connect to the
> internet.  So helping alois helps me too :)
>
> On Friday, April 11, 2014 8:51:03 AM UTC-4, John Crisp wrote:
>>

>> On Thursday, 10 April 2014 20:38:04 UTC+2, al***.@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Long term, I NEED to change WAN network (the new network is 10x faster
>>> and the old one will be cut off)
>>>
>>> So is there a way, or I should just redo the entire installation process?
>>>

>> Personally I'd start again :-)
>>
>> Then make notes of your changes so you can back them out !!

Thread