2014-08-09 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Grase on Routed Networks + Billing

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 65b30bb8d58c79aa7a890f4f8db074ebed3da6143e63557068deec28570b9d39
Message ID: <CAESLx0Ke6g7p=3RnRLf1MQEUbR-cprvy_fiEt6Umvp0fdW=rgw@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <fc98436f-5002-4143-b2d9-fa34ad53f48f@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-08-09 23:08:09 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 16:08:09 +1000

Raw message

Hi Edward

The Coova Chilli module that we use to do the captive portal, can be done
in Layer 3 mode, where your routers do all the DHCP etc, and the Coova
Chilli just does Layer 3 routing. The way I have it setup with the Grase
Hotspot is in the default Layer 2 routing instead. I've not played with the
Layer 3 routing, and unfortunately don't have the time.

I'm also not going to have any time to write a billing module, however
feature branches from the git repository are welcome, if you have the
skills to implement one.

Tim