2014-08-31 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Grase - A perfect installation step by step

Header Data

From: drazen <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: b9ef384d725594122b597004d1988612a98ec0fa902482105cbb1c963c9a24ee
Message ID: <5402E0E5.8000904@radez.hr>
Reply To: <4b02e2b1-2533-4a0b-af1a-cb62b214246f@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-08-31 01:46:29 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 10:46:29 +0200

Raw message

Hi Eliot,
Why not use add-on NIC card into your Atom board usb instead? PCI or
PCIe if any.
This USB-to-Eth adapter is not very capable thing. My advice was using
it with old notebook which usually don't have second NIC. Besides I got
it not working at full speed with oldie (10Mb/s only) due to low USB
version guess.
With new APs with n+ wireless mode with 150Mb/s and up, even adapter
which works up to 100 may become bottle neck. If you have more than one
AP on LAN side and many clients this may slow overall speed. Although
internet speed may be lower that that, still there is a lot of LAN only
traffic.
I noticed that some APs maintains lot of client connections, those
clients are not registered Grase users. People, just see open network
and trying to connect, What they did, means getting IP and staying
connected with AP.

Thumb up for your equipment. I did flashed TPlink 741nd with Gargoyle
firmware too. Seems nice firmware.

Thread