2014-09-05 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] implementing activation from first login

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 151314347836e09089395b26d13fb5a6a71df12af5f8f400ee71fb061b6aa692
Message ID: <CAESLx0JY5GWmhCYUN8jreW+A=ZSJWhkxe5R52FWfkb99Q+g6Ow@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAL7r4-X+-CfdoGLn5d3pv7Lrw52+bmegSNLEMmJBEF30z9Jdqw@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2014-09-05 20:48:11 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 13:48:11 +1000

Raw message

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Mohammad Javad <pe***t@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Tim thanks for your great support. I'm looking forward to see this
> feature. I was somehow able to get it to work. Let me explain how. We have
> written a windows application(accounting system) to keep track of the
> vouchers we give out. I looked at the radius database and i found that
> there is an attribute called "Expiration". I played with this attribute and
> i found out this is the value i need too implement this feature. In our
> windows application (C# .net) when i give out a voucher, i register the
> voucher and customer information in another database and then it sets the
> expiration date in the radcheck table. It seems to be working but i was
> wondering, is it a good solution? Does it interfere with anything?( i mean
> the cron jobs you mentioned). I wish i could do this in the login page code
> to save some hassle. So that when a user tries to login for the first time,
> the right expiration date can be set based on the type of voucher. But i
> don't know much php. For my use, i don't realty need the reporting feature.
> Maybe there is an in-code solution for me you could suggest?

See other email to list about POC version.

> There's one other thing i need to ask you. I think i read that your
> software has a feature that automatically removes expired vouchers
> periodically. Am i right? What's the period? For my use i need to keep
> expired vouchers at least 3 months after expiration. Then  it's OK to be
> removed. Can it be done?

Currently I believe the code  deletes accounts that have expired more than
1 month ago. See CronFunctions.class.php, the deleteExpiredUsers function.
You can just modify the months array to have users stay around longer (but
your changes will probably be overwritten on each package update). Not sure
the easiest way to make this customisable. Feel free to submit an issue on
github and I'll think about it.

Can you also give me an example of how to customize the login portal for
> the stable version? I've read all the topics related to this matter but I
> wasn't able to figure it out and web designing isn't really my thing but i
> can understand it. I know it can be done through the radmin portal but I'm
> afraid to touch anything. :-)

Look at the Portal Customisation page in the Radmin portal. Just start
playing with adding CSS, and modifying the HTML around the login form. Most
of the customisations you'll want to make are CSS based. Unfortunately I
can't help you, but worst case you clear the "Main CSS" field and turn off
the "Disable all default CSS" checkbox and it should be mostly back to
normal.