2014-09-04 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] implementing activation from first login

Header Data

From: Mohammad Javad <pe***t@gmail.com>
Message Hash: a55ee7117b48b876f495c27eae564c53a4176895bd5fc3f32068f493464ae8a0
Message ID: <CAL7r4-X+-CfdoGLn5d3pv7Lrw52+bmegSNLEMmJBEF30z9Jdqw@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAESLx0JkNaen0FQceWQQHqmWzhi8LdpA_sxP5Zm=rOPCYahEEQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2014-09-04 23:31:11 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 11:01:11 +0430

Raw message

Hi Tim thanks for your great support. I'm looking forward to see this
feature. I was somehow able to get it to work. Let me explain how. We have
written a windows application(accounting system) to keep track of the
vouchers we give out. I looked at the radius database and i found that
there is an attribute called "Expiration". I played with this attribute and
i found out this is the value i need too implement this feature. In our
windows application (C# .net) when i give out a voucher, i register the
voucher and customer information in another database and then it sets the
expiration date in the radcheck table. It seems to be working but i was
wondering, is it a good solution? Does it interfere with anything?( i mean
the cron jobs you mentioned). I wish i could do this in the login page code
to save some hassle. So that when a user tries to login for the first time,
the right expiration date can be set based on the type of voucher. But i
don't know much php. For my use, i don't realty need the reporting feature.
Maybe there is an in-code solution for me you could suggest?

There's one other thing i need to ask you. I think i read that your
software has a feature that automatically removes expired vouchers
periodically. Am i right? What's the period? For my use i need to keep
expired vouchers at least 3 months after expiration. Then  it's OK to be
removed. Can it be done?

Can you also give me an example of how to customize the login portal for
the stable version? I've read all the topics related to this matter but I
wasn't able to figure it out and web designing isn't really my thing but i
can understand it. I know it can be done through the radmin portal but I'm
afraid to touch anything. :-)

Sorry to bother you with all my questions.
Thanks Tim