2014-09-15 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Multiple captive portals

Header Data

From: drazen <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: d60df986029585eb359d8af167db723aa82a91ed4ebfe9c655b9f58b8f18f264
Message ID: <54176036.4070308@radez.hr>
Reply To: <4437eb36-41ba-4df3-ae56-97b3a8c9d192@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-09-15 14:55:02 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 23:55:02 +0200

Raw message

You can do that with one server, one captive portal and one AP.
In this application there are no any recognition of APs from server
side. They are all transparent/invisible to server. So you can't achieve
what you asked for on the way you described..

However, you can create user/group without limits and charge. It is
consider as free access too. Still captive portal is there, but access
is free in this scenario. User have to enter username and password.

Also you can use Grase and create "machine" accounts using MAC address
of client devices. Still you can set limitations and charge, or you can
leave it without. No captive at all in this case. Acces is free or non
free for machines you register previously.

If you wish to offer free access without username/password and captive
portal, you only need AP without any credentials or security. Just plug
it directly to your internet router/modem. You don't need Grase at all.
Hope this help.

Drazen

On 09/15/2014 09:17 PM, Marko Sevo wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I was wondering if it's possible to have multiple captive portals,
> each of them tied to a specific AP or SSID, making it possible to only
> allow specific types of authentication in certain locations. For
> example, on one captive portal you would have the ability to get free
> instant internet access by just clicking a button, while on another
> portal you could only get internet access with a username and password
> combination, etc. Or is there another/better way to do that? I know it
> would be possible with multiple servers running Grase, but is it
> possible with just one?
>
> Many thanks,
> Marko
> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/4437eb36-41ba-4df3-ae56-97b3a8c9d192%40grasehotspot.org