2014-10-08 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Dhcp Leases

Header Data

From: Dražen Žuvela <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: 5d7e9cc31278508728d45b13bf72b19883976594d90d7188c62baa49a2871fd7
Message ID: <5436159D.9070303@radez.hr>
Reply To: <CAESLx0+ZpBxfhQD7YHOVfd0Mss3_j4tG=83rHQP8Cc8VJ=h0rg@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2014-10-08 21:57:01 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 06:57:01 +0200

Raw message

Tim, there is a catch with your solution.
If many clients trying, how you can be sure that you are taking right MAC?
If there are many phones around, with WIFi On, devices trying to connect
better signal automatically, even those are not your clients. I saw this
already at my AP-s "active connections" page, shows tens of connections,
but few only which are real clients.
Using username is 100% precise thing. I have special user created for this.
Drazen

--
*Dra\u017een \u017duvela *
IT manager