2014-10-03 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] How to setup fixed leases

Header Data

From: drazen <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: ff25dabe4516049834cbade7393083e141b2f34e526dee90ad7ec10a6facb596
Message ID: <542F0726.2070107@radez.hr>
Reply To: <ed53ea19-d3a4-442e-a420-1e3e37331fcb@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-10-03 13:29:26 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 22:29:26 +0200

Raw message

We were talking about that few posts back.
Limit, resize, narow or whatelse you like to call it, DHCP of chillii
setting.
e.g. set DHCP start: 50
now you are free to use range 10.1.0.2 to 10.1.0.50 for your static
leases without conflict.
Chilli restart needed for this set to take efect.

However, I don't understand why you would bother with giving ALL
computer's accounts static addresses unless you need to access them for
some reason. Whether they are your APs,(those even don't nee any account
assigment at Grase),  FTP, WWW servers, printers or anything similar. It
means that all pure computers accounts should have automatic IP
assigment. Don't bother with them.

On 10/03/2014 08:40 PM, Louis wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Is there any way i can set up fixed leases in Grase Hotspot? I seem to
> be having ip conflicts now and again. I would like all computer
> machine accounts to be on fixed leases. Im running Grase official
> version 3.7.7.11
>
> Thanks
> Louis
> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/ed53ea19-d3a4-442e-a420-1e3e37331fcb%40grasehotspot.org