2014-11-09 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Routing/DNS problem

Header Data

From: drazen <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: d48f772d77819c9b5d7f46fe932156ac1edf0837f4dee58f424dd515858c0578
Message ID: <545F1D83.3030405@radez.hr>
Reply To: <545E4F63.2040905@neon-john.com>
UTC Datetime: 2014-11-09 00:53:39 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 08:53:39 +0100

Raw message

Hi Neojohn
how about to move your NAS to other side?

                                                  +--AP
satmodem----lab machine running grase---router---+--My Linux desktop
                                                  +--NAS
                                                  +--laptop

                                                      +--AP
satmodem----sw--lab machine running grase---router---+--My Linux desktop
              |                                       +--laptop
              NAS

Since this is your own illustration above I am not sure what "router"
there is doing. Suppose it should be a switch. And now another one
according my suggestion.

On 11/08/2014 06:14 PM, NeonJohn wrote:

> On 11/07/2014 04:39 PM, Timothy White wrote:
>
>> For most people, they have been able to assign a static IP to their
>> "static" machines, give it a machine account, and it works.
> OK, I tried this and still no joy.  No connection to the NAS, no ping,
> no nothing.
>
>> I'll aim to implement this in the future, however it won't be part of the
>> next release. You're welcome to look at how CoovaChilli static "DHCP"
>> leases work, and made the needed backend changes. In my testing I couldn't
>> get it to work 100% yet.
> If you can point me in the general direction (file locations, maybe what
> files, etc.), I'll go to work.
>
> John

Thread