2014-11-03 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Login trouble

Header Data

From: Edward Allen <yb***j@gmail.com>
Message Hash: e792b2770f53a06350ac0503af3b7de3550ccea9c045cde4b685a0e1c63ddc3b
Message ID: <CAGUY4fy40irhCZiHvambADQ1_i2uu_GDS7rfGnzKp2wUZmx4VQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <9b744da0-650f-42a3-8aa4-903ec4e362c3@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-11-03 08:38:08 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 10:38:08 -0500

Raw message

>From what i recall based on you setup you'll be having multiple issues.

It would seem the current GRASE setup authenticates based on MAC addresses.
The MAC addresses of the pcs will not traverse the wireless router whilst
its in routing mode. Furthermore NAT will obfuscate the pertinent
information from the clients too
The admin and uam page is access via ip so it will show from any location
within the lan or extended lan.
Your best way out of this situation is :
if the Linksys have lan ports.

1. Turn off dhcp in linksys
2. Connect cable from grase to LAN on linksys or to Switch
3. Connect LAN cable from switch to LAN port on Linksys.
4. Set the internal interface for grase to a reserved IP in the range
issued by the Windows DC.
5. Set the router option in your dhcp server to that use in step 4.
6. Renew your client IP.
7. Try browsing.

--
---

Edward Allen
Network/System/IT Solutions Provider/Consultant
Voice: 876-891-8982,  876-797-3226
yb***j@gmail.com
Kingston, Jamaica

Thread