2014-11-26 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Does Firewall and Accounting exist?

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: ffd91b38290bb7cee65b92512636c43e06a379171c0701aff5ffbaf327f64754
Message ID: <CAESLx0+abpDyXRU1qvVpj3t+5Bcu4Vz-6GXfP1zuAG25-k0qBA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <9c8451a6-caca-46f0-819c-60cf87c94b44@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-11-26 14:14:56 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 07:14:56 +1000

Raw message

Hi Klas

What are you looking for in terms of firewall management? The hotspot
already uses IP tables (the firewall) to do lots of it's functions. There
is a setting in one of the chilli files for what services you wish to make
available from the hotspot to the clients. You'll probably find that some
of the firewall tools will interfere with the Hotspot rules.
I have long term plans to allow some customisation of the rules, but this
is down the track. Knowing what you are trying to achieve would help.

As for the accounts, Groups is the way to go. When it was first written, it
was connected to money, however, as there isn't a true accounting system
built in, it made sense to remove the linking to money until such a time as
a full accounting system was added (if it ever gets added).
The way I've used it in most places now, is I include the price in the
group name. Then when I produce a batch of vouchers for printing, the price
is clearly printed on them, the Coffee shop selling the vouchers just sells
them through their normal POS.
Will the satisfy your requirements?

Tim