2014-12-10 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] delay in showing grase login screen

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 998267af81a8319c6ab7b240374a8a51d6808816eb22324b35aa74fe9b7f58a7
Message ID: <CAESLx0+w3sifuN7nL8j8+KTYZwnDL+0quQRMJpcHBdwgQrYy1A@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <a6182918-a98a-4eb5-8e54-7977da8b97b8@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-12-10 14:57:04 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 07:57:04 +1000

Raw message

Try Norberto's suggestion, that will help us work out whats happening.

Its possible that the sites people are trying to accessing are HTTPS
versions, and then it drops back to HTTP which is when the redirect can
occur. Redirects can't occur on HTTPS due to technical limitations.

I often test with going to http://8.8.8.8 as it'll redirect very quickly if
things are working.

Tim