2015-05-30 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Help and doubt to update

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 15363a6dac227c05a4e9f0b43e4f770467addd495fd1ec7948b37f295e78b63a
Message ID: <CAESLx0L4newWB5jGxcoY7Bj1pyL34D5UFNjAMF-zBMgCcKKzLw@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <6ea0df78-2e61-495b-accc-ac8c65111035@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-05-30 23:17:59 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 16:17:59 +1000

Raw message

Given that the AP's need to be layer 2, you can use any IP's in a network
outside the client network. That means when you want to administer them,
you need to connect to the client network, but use a static IP in your "AP"
network.

For example, the default network is 10.1.0.1/24, with clients starting at
10.1.0.2
Use a network that isn't used elsewhere on your infrastructure, for example
192.168.100.0/24, and start with your AP's at 192.168.100.10 and going up.
Then when you want to adminster them, connect to WiFi or Wired network that
the AP's are part of, and set a static ip of 192.168.100.1, and then you
can access the AP's.

This helps keep AP traffic and client traffic apart, and clients won't
easily find the AP's ips and try and muck around with them.