2015-05-22 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Feature request: (nightly build) Display Comment instead of UserName in DHCP Leases screen

Header Data

From: KIRA Ynet <ki***0@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 3a8b52fc575d3c4f2bbe6ab9d7c0b87631b24bed381d45c2bde46cf883a0cc25
Message ID: <602d0a8a-6c38-48bd-a330-209bf3a5e4d3@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <22a02c13-8a9f-4011-90df-dde9bc8a323e@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-05-22 11:07:38 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 11:07:38 -0700

Raw message

I look into Github portal issue, seems you got added this enhancement
already but that was dated awhile ago on Trac #98.

:)

On Saturday, 23 May 2015 01:59:44 UTC+8, KIRA Ynet wrote:

> Thanks Tim.
>
> I see. that was just a 2 cent idea from me since it would be nice to have
> the ability to display user comment since MAC registered user will display
> mac address and would be quiet a work to identify the user by pressing the
> edituser icon beside it. :)
> Therefore, having the comment displayed together would be quiet a good
> feature. :D
>

> On Friday, 22 May 2015 17:30:45 UTC+8, timwhite88 wrote:
>>
>> Currently the leases page is filled from the chilli_query command,
>> without database queries. Not saying we can't do it, but it's not just
>> adding another field to the view, it requires some more lookups.
>>
>> Please open a bug on github and we can implement it in the future.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 8:16 PM, <st***.@kater-erich.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> is it possible to display the comment field instead of the UserName
>>> field in the DHCP Leases screen
>>> So it would be possible to see the owner of a MAC Address, if it is a
>>> machine Account (if you fill in the Maschine Name in the comment box)
>>>
>>> Best recards
>>> Stefan
>>>

>>> --
>>> Visit this group at